Monday, October 10, 2011

Innsbrook and St. Louis 2011

I never get tired of going to the Arch!
Annual summer ride on the Rhino with the cousins.


My awesomely fun parents who make our Innsbrook trip so special each year.


Anneke, Marielle, and Brooke being entertained with water.


A joyride on the pontoon boat.


Andrew, Luke, and CJ showing off for me.


Brooke and Anneke digging tunnels.


We had yet another fun (HOT!) week of summer at Innsbrook with the fam. This year I talked Lauren into coming out with the girls. I was so glad they did! We did our usual of playing and swimming at the lake, swimming at the pool, going out on the pontoon boat, eating, laughing, taking morning walks. Our friends, the McGurks came up from Jefferson City for a day as well, which was a nice bonus. This year I added some excitement by getting into an little accident. I hit a tree stump while going only 10 -15 mph, but hit it hard enough to uproot the stump, land in a ditch and cause body and mechanincal damage to the van. Unfortunately, Anneke was riding with me and will now be forever traumatized by "the bump." That might be the last time she ever rides with her Aunt Camille!


Luckily, I have the most understanding and forgiving husband in the world. Most husbands would be irritated that we had to have the van towed, rent a car, and borrow his mom's van to get us back to Columbus while our van stayed in the shop in St. Louis for 3 weeks, which resulted in Matt having to drive back to St. Louis and pick it up. And of course the trip was topped off with Luke barfing for most of the way home as soon as we left St. Louis. Can we not ever have a vacation that does not include vomiting and drama???!!!!














































No comments: