Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Brooke's 7th Birthday

Yeah! I am 7!
The boys wishing Brooke a happy birthday gangsta style!

3rd year in a row at Steak N Shake


All of the orhanage donations



Al dressed up!











Even Matt can hold his pinky out!





The boys stayed at Brooke's party for approximately 3 minutes before I kicked them out!







I can't believe my little Brookie is 7!! She loves her birthday as all of my kids do, which makes the day so fun. Lucky for me she did not choose doughnuts as the other two always do so I didn't have to go to Krispy Kreme at the crack of dawn! She wanted, instead, Matt to make her pancakes in the shape of a cake and the number 7. He is the pancake master and was able to do it! She chose Steak N Shake for the third year in a row for her dinner and she chose for me to bring her McDonalds for luch at school. I don't even remember the last time my kids had fast food and Brooke got a double dose in one day!! Her party was at a party place called The Glass Slipper which hosts birthday tea parties. She chose a Fancy Nancy theme - surprise, surprise! and the girls got to dress up, make butterfly wings, listen to a Fancy Nancy story, play games, and of course have mini sandwiches, fruit, tea, and cake. Instead of gifts this year Brooke and I requested that the guests bring a donation to Hannah's Hope which is the orphanage that our daughter will come from. We received lots of diapers, formula, and clothes. I can't wait to send it over there! The best thing about doing that was not only will the children at the orphanage benefit, but it was so wonderful to see Brooke's giving heart and how excited she was about doing this and never once said a word about not receiving presents.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Miss Brooke! What a beautiful and sweet girl she is. And what a great party....love that Matt knows how to hold up his pinky. oh la la!!!!