Friday, January 27, 2012

Andrew's 12th Birthday

I saw this dice game called "Greed" and had to get it for Andrew since he loves money (in a somewhat healthy). Disclaimer: He came out of the womb with this love and we had nothing to do with it! Notice Luke's reaction in the background. He loved it the game! It was something easy we could all play.
Andrew has given up on doughnuts for breakfast for his birthday since he is becoming more health conscious. Here is is surrounded by chocolate chip bagels and his presents and Baylor colored balloons.



He doesn't like cake so I made him a cookie cake. My friend was horrified that I made it look like the ones from the store with flowers on it, but it was my first one so next year I will do a football theme.



I can't believe my sweet boy is 12!!!!! He is our joy!!

It is hard to believe that I will have a teenager next year so I plan to enjoy this year before we begin teh teenage journey. Our sweet Andrew has brought us more happiness than we could have ever imagined. He also keeps us on our toes by his constant arguing, or as he likes to refer to it, "reasoning." He is full of life and his mind and body never stop. He is most happy when he is fully engaged with us and I am truly blessed to have a son who allows me into his life as he does, sharing the ups and downs of adolescence. I never take fro granted our close relationship and I hope that it never changes! I am so thankful for the blessing of Andrew the fun he brings to our family. This was a special birthday for him as he received the long coveted CELL PHONE!! He really wasn't sure if he was going to get one which made it very fun for us to give it to him. We had it wrapped up in a gift bag and after he had opened up all of his other presents we called it! So the bag is ringing and he starts going crazy!! It was hilarious and fun to watch his expression. He had so much fun spending the rest of the day handing out his "own number" to his friends and texting his friends and families. It has also been fun for us to be able to exchange texts during the day. He has been so responsible with it and we have had none of the problems we anticipated. We love you, Andrew!!



No comments: