Friday, January 27, 2012

In front of Buckingham Palace
Taking the Royal drive in our "Bentley."



This year the trick or treating was really about survival of the fittest, or who could run the fastest throughout the neighborhood. I LOVED watching about 10 boys sprint through yards at full speed. I kept calling out to them to remember their manners. I do not think I was heard.



The Royal Couple with a sweet ballerina, and a grim reaper, and Jason. Definitely the Royal family gone astray!


The crew this year!


Paying homage to our WORLD SERIES WINNING SAINT LOUIS CARDINALS!!!! So exciting!!! We were thrilled!!


Dinner of Mummy Dogs.


Tombstone cupcakes!



As I was glued to my TV last April 29th watching every bit of the Royal Wedding, (yes even the boring parts), I knew right away what our Halloween costumes would be. Luckily, Matt is a great sport and will wear whatever I give him. I remember my mom waking me up in the middle of the night when I was 8 years old to watch Diana and Charles marry at Saint Paul's Cathedral. We taped the wedding on an audio tape with my black tape recorder. I kept that audio tape for a long time and would listen to it again and again. I can still hear Diana saying Charles' name wrong during the ceremony, "Phillip Charles Arthur George" instead of Charles Phillip Arthur George. I remember standing in Saint Paul's Cathedral in London while in college, experiencing the awesomeness of it while relecting on the wedding I had watched take place there.

I remember my teary eyed dad coming into my room when as I was home for a weekend visit to St. Louis as I was planning my own wedding, telling me that Princess Diana had died.

So it was very meaningful to be able to watch another Royal Wedding, this time with a daughter of my own who was one year shy of the age I was when I watched.

I think Kate Middleton is such a breath of fresh air in our saturated culture of trashy celebrities who are famous for acting like morons. She is graceful, classy, kind, tasteful, elegant, smart, and beautiful. Who wouldn't want to be Kate for a day?! Or least for one Halloween night. I found a dress on ebay that was a replica of hers. I couldn't believe how many people asked me if it was my wedding dress. First of of all, do you not pay any attention to detail? Don't you know what Kate's dress looked like?? I am wearing her dress!!! Her veil!!! Second of all, the ebay dress cost $30 and looked like it! It was huge on me and I had it pinned in several places and it really looked dime store. We had a fun time playing royalty and once again we had a beautiful Halloween night. I wish I could be Kate every year.......sigh.....

No comments: