Tuesday, August 31, 2010

4th of July







We moved in and five days later Matt's best friend from high school came in for a visit. I had arranged for Pat to surprise Matt and it was a success! Matt was very surprised and they had a great time catching up. It was fun to be able to surprise Matt since he has pulled some great surprises on me in the past. We also spent one day over the weekend bike shopping for me. I had been riding on the same bike I purchased when I was 23 years old and it was time for a new one. I got it just in time to do a 4th of July triathlon. It was awesome being out there, even though I hadn't really trained. It is never as much fun going to a triathlon by myself but I met another triathlete who had just moved here days before as well. It was nice to know I wasn't the only crazy lady doing a triathlon the week of moving. I came away with a 2nd place in my age group which the kids are always excited about.

No comments: