Monday, August 30, 2010

Our Ebenezer Stone


As with any move things can get stressful. We had only had our house listed for about 8 weeks and hadn't had any bites and although 8 weeks doesn't sound very long, we have always been blessed to sell our houses in a matter of days so we were getting nervous. I was beginning to feel my faith being shaken. Matt began his new job in January and here it was the end of April and we really wanted to all be together in Columbus after school ended.


In 1 Samuel chapter 7, Samuel sets up a marker stone and named it Ebenezer to commemorate God's help in the Isrealite's victory of the Philistines. 1 Samuel 7:12 - Thus far the Lord has helped us. One of my favorite hymns, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing," has these words.


Here I raise my Ebenezer

Here by Thy great help I've come

And I hope, by Thy good pleasure

Safely to arrive at home


So the kids and I brought wrote Ebenezer on a large stone and placed it in the front flower bed of our yard. We praised God for His blessings on us and prayed that we surrender to His timing for our house to sell and for our Faith to abound. Afterwards, I felt a great sense of peace and you can probably guess the rest of the story. Two days later we got an offer on our house! It is amazing what happens when you trust!!

No comments: